Roasted Pulled Pork Sandwiches
|Pork shoulder||5 Pound (Butt Roast)|
|Cider vinegar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Onion||1 , sliced|
|Red pepper flakes||1 Tablespoon|
|Sugar||2 Tablespoon (To Taste)|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon (To Taste)|
|Black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon (To Taste)|
|Cabbage||1 Small, shredded|
|Hamburger bun||12 , toasted|
1. Prepare your grill for indirect heat grilling (see notes).
2. Season the pork with the salt, pepper, and paprika.
3. Place on the grill and roast 4 to 6 hours until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
4. Combine all the sauce ingredients in a bowl and whisk until the salt and sugar dissolve. Set aside.
5. When the pork is done allow it to sit for 10 to 15 minutes. Remove the skin and bone and start pulling the pork meat apart into shreds. Careful, this will be hot so consider using two forks to help pull the meat apart.
6. Pour half of the sauce over the pork.
7. Place the cabbage in a bowl and add the remaining sauce. Toss.
8. Place a handful of pulled pork on a warmed hamburger bun and top with the cabbage.
For more information please visit: http://www.simplefoodie.com