Baked Tacos Sandwiches
|Olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm)|
|Purple onions||2 Large, chopped|
|Taco sauce||1 Can (10 oz) (Ortega Brand)|
|Salsa||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (as required)|
|Tomato sauce||1 1⁄2 Can (15 oz) (2 small cans)|
|Bacon fat/Lard||1 Tablespoon (as required)|
|Tillamook cheese||1 Pound, sliced|
|Avocados||2 Medium, peeled and sliced|
|Sour cream||8 Ounce (1 carton)|
1) Preheat the oven to 350° F.
2) In a deep saucepan, saute the garlic in the oil, until brown.
3) Stir in the onions and saute, until golden brown.
4) Stir in the taco sauce, salsa, tomato sauce and sugar, simmer for 45 minutes.
5) In heavy skillet, heat about 1/4 inch fat and fry each tortilla on both the sides, so that they are still flexible.
6) Across the diameter of each tortilla, place the sliced cheese and avocado.
7) Fold the tortilla in half, secure with a toothpick, repeat with rest of the tortillas.
8) In a baking dish, arrange the tortillas pour over the sauce over and bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes.
9) Serve two Baked Tacos Sandwiches on each plate and top with a tablespoonful of sour cream.