Avocado Grilled Cheese Sandwich
|Pumpernickel bread slice||2 Ounce (2, 1 Ounce Each)|
|Monterey jack cheese with jalapeno peppers||1 1⁄2 Ounce, thinly sliced|
|Avocado||1 Ounce, pared and thinly sliced|
|Alfalfa sprouts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) Arrange the cheese, tomato, avocado and sprouts onto 1 slice of the bread. Top with the remaining bread slice.
2) With non-stick cooking spray, spray a small non-stick skillet.
3) In the skillet, place the prepared sandwich, cover and cook over moderate-high heat till the bottom has browned lightly. This takes about 3 minutes.
4) Turn the sandwich over very carefully and cook the other side till it is light brown as well and the cheese has melted. This will take another 3 minutes.
5) Serve the sandwich hot, with a light salad on the side if preferred. Makes a good and nutritious snack that is also quick and easy to cook.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 275 Calories from Fat 79
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g14.1%
Saturated Fat 2.2 g10.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 5.2 mg1.7%
Sodium 549.6 mg22.9%
Total Carbohydrates 42 g14.1%
Dietary Fiber 7.3 g29.3%
Sugars 1.9 g
Protein 9 g17.7%
Vitamin A 8.6% Vitamin C 15.4%
Calcium 4.9% Iron 11%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet