Avocado Grilled Cheese Sandwich
|Pumpernickel bread slice||2 Ounce (2, 1 Ounce Each)|
|Monterey jack cheese with jalapeno peppers||1 1⁄2 Ounce, thinly sliced|
|Avocado||1 Ounce, pared and thinly sliced|
|Alfalfa sprouts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) Arrange the cheese, tomato, avocado and sprouts onto 1 slice of the bread. Top with the remaining bread slice.
2) With non-stick cooking spray, spray a small non-stick skillet.
3) In the skillet, place the prepared sandwich, cover and cook over moderate-high heat till the bottom has browned lightly. This takes about 3 minutes.
4) Turn the sandwich over very carefully and cook the other side till it is light brown as well and the cheese has melted. This will take another 3 minutes.
5) Serve the sandwich hot, with a light salad on the side if preferred. Makes a good and nutritious snack that is also quick and easy to cook.