Barbecue Steak Sandwiches
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sliced|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Worcestershire sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Ketchup||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Applesauce||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Canned)|
1. Preheat the grill
2. In a large pan, add the butter and heat till melted. Sauté the onion in butter until light brown and cooked through
3. Add in the salt, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, sugar, oregano, ketchup and apple sauce to the pan and mix thoroughly. Heat the sauce thoroughly and pour over the steaks and let stand 15 minutes.
4. Lift out steaks and arrange on grill 2-inches from hot coals. Broil quickly on one side, about 3 minutes; baste with barbecue sauce and turn to cook other side.
5. Spread hamburger rolls with soft butter or margarine and toast on grill.
6. Place steaks on rolls and top with some of remaining barbecue sauce.
7. Serve hot
Calories 724 Calories from Fat 299
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 34 g53%
Saturated Fat 16.3 g81.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 128.5 mg42.8%
Sodium 1285.3 mg53.6%
Total Carbohydrates 48 g16%
Dietary Fiber 1.9 g7.7%
Sugars 21.8 g
Protein 55 g110.3%
Vitamin A 10.1% Vitamin C 8.1%
Calcium 10.2% Iron 20.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet