Chuck Wagon Steak Sandwich
|Soy sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Instant onion flakes||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed|
|Cube steaks||6 Medium|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Flour||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Ground ginger||2 Teaspoon|
|Milk||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Sliced mushrooms||1⁄2 Pound|
|Vienna bread loaf||1 Pound|
|Corn oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Tomatoes||2 Medium, cut into 6 slices|
1. In a large bowl, combine the soy sauce, water, onion flakes, crushed garlic and sugar.
2. Put the cube steaks in soy mixture for at least one hour and set aside to marinate
Cut Vienna bread into 12 slices and butter slices
3. Preheat the oven
4. Prepare the sauce in a saucepan by melting 1/3 cup butter.
5. Slowly stir in the flour, salt, pepper, and ginger into the butter and sauté.
6. Gradually add milk while stirring constantly. Set aside to cool for two minutes after thickening.
7. In another pan, sauté sliced mushrooms in remaining butter and add them to sauce. Keep sauce hot.
8. Toast the buttered bread in a hot oven (400° P.) for about fifteen minutes or wrap in foil and heat over grill.
9. Cook marinated steaks on oiled griddle or grill over hot coals.
10. Place one slice of toasted bread on plate and cover with the steak, 2 tomato slices, another bread slice and about 1/2 cup hot ginger-mushroom sauce and serve hot