Peanut Butter Sandwiches
|Whole wheat flour||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Milk powder||2 Tablespoon|
|Nonfat non instant milk powder||2 Tablespoon|
|Peanuts/1 cup smooth peanut butter||2 Cup (32 tbs), roasted|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), cut into 1-inch pieces|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), cut|
|Brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) Preheat the oven to the desired temperature of 350Â°.
2) Mix together flour, baking soda, salt and milk powder.
3) Put aside.
4) To the work bowl of the food processor(use metal blade)add peanuts.
5) Blend until smooth.
6) Switch off the machine.
7) Remove the work bowl and cover with lid and empty the down sides as desired.
8) Remove about 1/2 cup of the mixture and retain for the stuffing.
9) Now into the work bowl,add the butter, brown sugar and honey to peanut butter.
10) Blend until well-mixed.
11) Switch off the machine.
12) Remove work bowl, cover with lid and add dry ingredients all together.
13) Mix until just blended.
14) Dough may be little crumbly.
15) From the bowl,remove the dough.
16) Shape into an even oblong 7 inches long and 2 1/2 inches in diameter.
13) Cover in wax paper and freeze about 2 hours or chill until stiff enough to slice.
14) Remove the dough from freezer.
15) Using a sharp knife, cut half of the oblong into 1/8-inch slices.
16) Place 1 1/2 inches a part on a foil-lined cookie sheet.
17) Place 1 level teaspoon peanut butter in the center of each cookie.
18) Evenly spread to flatten, leaving a 1/2-inch border.
19) Slice remaining dough and place over peanut butter.
20) Allow to stand for 2-3 minutes in order to make it tender slightly.
21) Flute the edges by pressing together with fingertips.
22) The tops will crack a little.
23) Bake for 10-11 minutes or until lightly browned.
24) Allow to stand on sheet for a minute and remove carefully onto racks and allow to cool.
25) Store in airtight container and serve when you wish.