Jam Sandwich Cookies
|All-purpose flour||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Butter||250 Gram (1 Cup)|
|Sugar||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Vanilla||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Groundnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Raspberry jam||1 Tablespoon (Or Jam Of Your Choice)|
1. Preheat oven to 350Â°F (180Â°C).
2. Slowly sift the flour into a large mixing bowl.
3. Combine the flour thoroughly with the butter, sugar, salt, cream, egg yolks and vanilla. Mix it very well.
4. Allow it to chill for several hours.
5. Roll the dough out on a floured board to a thickness of 1/8 inch (3 mm). Cut into 2-inch (5-cm) circles. Cut holes in the centers of half the circles.
6. Brush the cookies with the holes in them with the slightly beaten egg white. Sprinkle the cookies on top with nuts and sugar.
7. Place all the cookies on buttered cookie sheets and bake in a 350Â°F (180Â°C) oven for about ten minutes. Remove from the oven and cool.
8. Spread jam on the plain cookies and top with the ones with holes. You may put a little extra jam in the centers.
9. Cool the cookies before serving