Ritzy Egg Salad Tea Sandwiches
|Mayonnaise||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Black pepper||To Taste, freshly ground|
|Dill||1 Tablespoon, finely chopped (Fresh)|
|Thin white bread slices||20 (Best Quality)|
|Unsalted butter||3 1⁄2 Tablespoon (At Room Temperature)|
1) In a saucepan, place the eggs in cold water, bring to a boil, then simmer on a low heat for 13 minutes.
2) Place the eggs under running cold water, then allow to cool and peel them.
3) In a bowl, slice and coarsely mash the eggs. Stir in the mayonnaise, salt and pepper to taste, then fold in the dill.
4) Spread 1/2 teaspoon butter on one side of each bread slice.
5) Spread 2 tablespoons egg salad over the buttered side of 10 slices of bread.
6) Cover with rest of bread slices with buttered side down and trim off the crusts from each sandwich.
7) Halve the sandwiches diagonally and serve immediately.