Classic Reuben Sandwich
|Dark rye bread slice/Pumpernickel bread slices||8|
|Corned beef||1⁄2 Pound, thinly sliced|
|Sauerkraut||8 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Thousand island dressing||2 Tablespoon|
|Swiss cheese slice||4|
1. Toast the bread in a toaster, on grill or under broiler.
2. Lightly butter the slices.
3. On a clean work surface arrange 4 slices buttered side up.
4. On each of the 4 slices, layer corned beef and sauerkraut,
5. Spoon the dressing over the sauerkraut.
6. Top each cheese slice.
7. Place the other bread slices, buttered side down and lightly press to pack the sandwich.
8. On a large microwave proof plate, arrange 2 sandwiches at a time and cook in microwave for 1 to 1 ½ minutes until heated through and cheese oozes out.
9. Cut each diagonally into half
10. Serve immediately while hot and cheesy.