Grilled Cheese Pita Sandwiches
|6 inch pitas||4 (Plain Or Whole Wheat)|
|Low fat cheese||4 Ounce, shredded or coarsely grated (Cheddar, Mozzarella, Or Swiss)|
|Nonstick vegetable oil spray||1|
|Thin tomato slices||2 (Per Sandwich)|
|Thin onion slices||3 (Per Sandwich)|
|Turkey bacon piece||1 , crumbled, cooked (Per Sandwich)|
|Dill pickle||4 (Per Sandwich, Thin Rounds)|
|Mushroom||1 Small, sliced (Per Sandwich)|
|Pitted olives||1 Tablespoon, sliced (Per Sandwich)|
1) Cut a opening from one side of each pita.
2) Stuff one-fourth cheese and any optional additions into the opening.
3) The optional addition should be wedged in the middle of the cheese, to let cheese melt evenly.
4) Heat a large skillet sprayed with nonstick vegetable spray.
5) Gently add the stuffed pitas and cook over moderate heat, covered, for 5 minutes on each side till crisp.
6) Serve hot.