Mile High Shredded Beef Sandwiches
|Chuck roast/Round steak||3 Pound|
|Chopped onions||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sliced celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Beef broth/Bouillon||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Ketchup||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||4 Tablespoon|
|Dry mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Chili powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Tabasco sauce||3 Drop|
|Garlic powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Teaspoon|
1) In a skillet, heat some oil. Brown the beef on both the sides. Sauté onions and celery along with
2) In a slow cooker, add in beef, onions and celery. Pour in broth or bouillon. Mix well.
3) Close the slow cooker with the lid and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours.
4) Take the roast from the broth and by using a fork, shred it after it cools down considerably.
5) Take the vegetables from cooler and drain the liquid. However, keep 1 1/2 cups of the liquid.
6) Mix the vegetables and meat and return to the slow cooker.
7) Pour in the reserved liquid and add in the remaining ingredients. Mix them all well.
8) Close the slow cooker with the lid and cook on HIGH for 1 hour. Take away the bay leaf.
9) Keep the meat on top of the sandwich rolls and serve right away.
Calories 450 Calories from Fat 150
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g25.9%
Saturated Fat 5 g25.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 122.5 mg40.8%
Sodium 1127 mg47%
Total Carbohydrates 21 g7.1%
Dietary Fiber 0.93 g3.7%
Sugars 19 g
Protein 51 g102.6%
Vitamin A 5.8% Vitamin C 5.3%
Calcium 5.5% Iron 28.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet