Sardine and Tomato Sandwich
|Canned sardines in oil||8 3⁄4 Ounce (2 Cans, 124 Gram / 4.37 Ounce Each)|
|Freshly squeezed lemon juice||2 Drop (Few Drops)|
|Salted butter/Herb butter||2 Ounce (Slightly Salted, 25 - 50 Gram)|
|Firm tomatoes||5 , thinly sliced|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
1. Draining the sardines, remove the bones and mash with the lemon juice.
2. Spread the bread with the slightly salted butter or herb butter.
3. Cover half the slices of bread with the sardine mixture.
4. Spread over the slices of tomato and season well with salt and pepper.
5. Press the other slices of bread on top.
6. Cut carefully into squares or triangles, leaving the crusts on to stop the tomato from sliding out.
Calories 374 Calories from Fat 181
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g31.2%
Saturated Fat 9.6 g47.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 48.5 mg16.2%
Sodium 586.4 mg24.4%
Total Carbohydrates 31 g10.4%
Dietary Fiber 3.3 g13%
Sugars 4.5 g
Protein 18 g35.5%
Vitamin A 32.7% Vitamin C 32.6%
Calcium 31.6% Iron 16.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet