Open Chicken Sandwiches
|Chopped onion||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Melted butter/Margarine||2 Tablespoon|
|Chicken broth||3 1⁄2 Cup (56 tbs)|
|Diced cooked chicken||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Chopped pimento||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Sliced mushrooms||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Thin bread slices||8|
1) Take a casserole and sauté onion and butter in it for 3 minutes.
2) Mix in the flour well.
3) Add chicken broth to this, a little at a time and mix well until light and creamy.
4) Boil for 4 minutes, stirring every 1 minute.
5) Mix in the diced chicken, pimento, mushrooms, salt and pepper well.
6) Continue by adding beaten egg yolks and milk and stir well.
7) Cook this for 10 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes.
8) Cut into eighths and garnish with paprika when prepared.
9) Serve with bread slices.
Calories 274 Calories from Fat 87
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15%
Saturated Fat 4.4 g22.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 124.9 mg41.6%
Sodium 1102.2 mg45.9%
Total Carbohydrates 24 g8.1%
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g5.6%
Sugars 3.1 g
Protein 21 g42.4%
Vitamin A 11.5% Vitamin C 19%
Calcium 7.8% Iron 12.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet