Mint Chocolate Sandwich
|Butter||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Unsweetened chocolate||2 Ounce|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|All purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Confectioners sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Peppermint extract||2 Teaspoon|
|Green food color||1 Teaspoon|
1) In a dish on medium heat melt butter and chocolate.
2) Keep aside but keep warm.
3) Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
4) Electric Mixer Method or Food Processor Method beat eggs will blended..
5) Add sugar and beat on high speed till fluffy.
6) Mix butter and chocolate extract beat till done.
7) Beat vanilla extract.
8) In a large bowl mix flour, soda, salt and cocoa.
9) Gently mix to creamed mixture and blend the dough well.
10) Keep the dough in fridge until firm.
11) Make into 2 or 3 logs about 1-1/2" in diameter.
12) Seal tightly in plastic wrap and freeze for 4 hours preferably overnight.
13) Take off a log and cut into 1/4" thick slices.
14) Bake for about 5 minutes and keep aside on the racks.
15) Prepare icing blending butter with electric mixer or food processor.
16) Mix sugar, extract and food coloring and beat till creamy.
17) On one half of the cookies spread icing and put remaining cookies on top.
18) Delicious Mint Chocolate Sandwich is a wholesome snack for any time in the day.