Tofu Tikka Sandwich
|Tofu pack||7 Ounce, cubed|
|Yogurt||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Almonds powder||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cumin powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Coriander powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Tomato paste||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Red chili powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Ginger peice||1 Small, grated|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), grated|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|For the yogurt salad|
|Greek yogurt||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cucumber||1 Medium, dice|
|Mint||1 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
1. Cut the tofu in cubes, set aside.
2. Dice the cucumber; finely chop the mint, set aside.
3. In a large pot pour oil and grate the ginger and garlic in the pot, let it brown a bit, add cumin powder, coriander powder, If the pot becomes too hot and if the spices begin to burn then remove from the heat.
4. Then add tomato paste, red chili powder, almond powder and yogurt, combine everything together and put the pot back on the stove, add water and continue cooking, keep stirring.
5. Open the cardamom pods and grind the seeds in the pestle and then add it to the pot.
6. Finally add the cubed tofu and mix everything well, season with salt to taste.
7. Cover and cook for further 5 minutes and then turn off the heat.
8. In the meantime in a small bowl combine the yogurt, cucumber, mint, salt and pepper and the sugar, mix well.
9. In one slice of bread place the lettuce leaves and spread the yogurt salad on top, add a spoonful of the tofu tikka and cover it with another lettuce leaves.
10. Place the second slice of bread on top and cut the sandwich in half.
11. Serve with tofu tikka as a sandwich or with tortillas, you can also stuff it in the endive leaves.
Calories 761 Calories from Fat 402
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 45 g69.4%
Saturated Fat 5.3 g26.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 14.7 mg4.9%
Sodium 594.7 mg24.8%
Total Carbohydrates 58 g19.2%
Dietary Fiber 8.1 g32.3%
Sugars 12.3 g
Protein 29 g58.9%
Vitamin A 50.4% Vitamin C 32%
Calcium 29.9% Iron 29.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet