Afternooner Tuna Sandwich
|14 inch middle eastern bread||1 (Lahvash, Shepherd's Bread, Or Syrian Bread)|
|Canned water packed white albacore tuna||12 Ounce, drained and flaked (2 Cans Of 6 Ounce Each)|
|Chopped green onion||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (Green And White Parts)|
|Finely chopped fresh parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped celery||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sweet pickle relish||3 Tablespoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Reduced fat mayonnaise||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Fresh tomatoes||3 Medium, thinly sliced|
|European cucumber||1 , peeled and thinly sliced lengthwise|
|Leafy green lettuce leaves||4 , washed, dried, and chilled|
1. Run bread under hot water just until moistened but not soggy. Wrap in clean damp towel. Set aside.
2. In medium bowl combine tuna, green onion, parsley, celery, relish, salt, pepper, and mayonnaise.
3. Spread mixture evenly over bread. Cover with tomato slices, then cucumber slices. Arrange lettuce leaves in single layer over all.
4. Roll bread up tightly to enclose filling. Wrap in plastic. Chill until ready to serve. (Can be made an hour or two ahead.)
5. Just before serving, remove wrap and slice bread in diagonal slices. Serve with a knife and fork.