Betty's Turkey Brie Apricot Sandwich
|Roasted turkey slices||2 , cut in half and stacked to form 4 half circles of turkey meat ((2) 1/8-inch slices of roast turkey breast)|
|Brie cheese slices||1 (1 half circle of brie cheese (about ¼-inch thick))|
|Apricot preserve/Peach preserves||3 Tablespoon (2-3)|
|French bread slices/Italian bread slices||2 (sliced about 5/8-inch thick)|
|Butter||1 Tablespoon (for toasting bread)|
|Iceberg lettuce leaves||1 (2 piece of fresh outer leaves)|
1. Spread a very small amount of butter on both sides of each bread slice.
2. Place them in a skillet over medium heat and toast until browned and crunchy. Remove from heat.
3. Place turkey breast slices on one slice of the toasted bread.
4. Place a half-circle of brie cheese on top and spread apricot preserves.
5. Place this part of the bread slice in a microwave and microwave for about 30 seconds at half-power, or until brie begins to melt and preserves are warm.
6. Place the other slice of toasted bread on the sandwich. Flip the sandwich over and open it up to reveal the turkey breast meat.
7. Top the turkey meat with tomato and iceberg lettuce. Close and slice diagonally.
8. Serve immediately with dill pickle spear alongside.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 573 Calories from Fat 168
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g29.3%
Saturated Fat 11.3 g56.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 49.3 mg16.4%
Sodium 631.3 mg26.3%
Total Carbohydrates 78 g25.9%
Dietary Fiber 2.4 g9.6%
Sugars 27 g
Protein 25 g50%
Vitamin A 20.3% Vitamin C 30.9%
Calcium 7.5% Iron 17.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet