In this video, Betty demonstrates how to make a Crab Cake Sandwich. The inspiration for this sandwich was two-fold. I recently uploaded Dill Pickle Remoulade Sauce, and, since that sauce is wonderful with seafood, I wanted you to have an easy seafood dish to use it on. Also, we recently visited Acres of Land Winery in Richmond, Kentucky for lunch, and Rick ordered a Crab Cake Sandwich. Some of you requested the Crab Cake Sandwich, but I chose the Sweet Potato Fries and the Cheesy Baked Potato Skins instead. So...this is for all of you who missed out on your favorite menu item from that trip!
Italian seasoned bread crumbs
1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs), divided (1- 1 1/4)
1 , well beaten
Ground red pepper
White lump crab meat
1 Pound (3/4-1)
6 (onion sandwich buns)
To Taste (Dill Pickle Remoulade Sauce)
1. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine ½ cup Italian breadcrumbs, beaten egg, mayonnaise, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, salt, and ground red pepper. Mix to combined.
2. Fold in white lump crab meat and shape mixture into 6 equally-sized patties. At this point, you may chill the crab patties for an hour or so (or even overnight).
3. Dredge each patty with the remaining Italian breadcrumbs and place them in a shallow bowl.
4. In a large non-stick skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
5. Cook crab cakes for about 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Remove from skillet and place on a paper towel to drain.
6. Spread dill pickle Remoulade sauce on bun and place a patty on it. Cover with the top bun.
7. Serve immediately with coleslaw and a tall glass of iced tea!