|Soft butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Parsley||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), minced|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
1. Soak the periwinkles in warm water long enough to break the membranes that seal them in their shells. Discard any that do not emerge from the shells. Cover the periwinkles with salted water and bring to a boil. The periwinkles will recede into their shells because of the heat. Drain.
2. Using a nut pick or tip of a small paring knife, remove the periwinkles from their shells. Rinse several times in cold water.
3. Cream together the butter, parsley, garlic and salt.
4. Grease the inside of twenty-four large snail shells, insert three periwinkles in each and fill the shells with the garlic butter. Arrange butter side up in a baking dish and let stand two hours.
5. Bake in a preheated hot oven (450° F.) ten minute
Calories 232 Calories from Fat 90
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.7%
Saturated Fat 5.5 g27.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 110.3 mg36.8%
Sodium 160.4 mg6.7%
Total Carbohydrates 4 g1.3%
Dietary Fiber 0.07 g0.29%
Sugars 0 g
Protein 29 g58.3%
Vitamin A 11.1% Vitamin C 4.1%
Calcium 2.4% Iron 35.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet