In this video, Betty demonstrates how to make a scrumptious Grilled Ham and Cheese Sandwich with Herb Mayonnaise. A slice of Texas toast is buttered and grilled, then spread with Herb Mayonnaise. A thick slice of honey ham and a thick slice of Cheddar cheese are placed in the middle, and then the sandwich is completed with another buttered, grilled slice of Texas toast. Yummy!
2 (or regular slices of bread)
4 Teaspoon (about 1 teaspoon per side)
Honey ham slice
1 , cut to the size of a slice of texas toast (about 3/8-inch thick)
Cheddar cheese slice
1 , cut to the size of a slice of texas toast (about 1/4-inch thick)
1 (as needed) (Optional)
1. Butter one side of two slices of Texas toast.
2. In a skillet, place the toast buttered side down and grill over low to medium heat until browned on the buttered side.
3. Remove from heat and place a generous amount of herb mayonnaise on each of the grilled sides. Spread evenly.
4. Now, place a slice of ham and cheese on top. Place the other toast slice, spread side down on the sandwich.
5. Butter the top and bottom of the assembled sandwich and grill on both sides until browned and crusty.
6. Remove from skillet and cut into two halves.
7. Serve hot along with a dill pickle spear, if desired.
Enjoy a lazy Sunday morning with this indulgent brunch recipe. Betty whomps up a delectable grilled fare that isn’t just tasty, but also quick. Whether you wish to wow your hubby or please your family, this dish will surely fetch you all the compliments. So stream the video and get making.