How To Make Pounded BBQ Chicken Sandwich
|Chicken tenders||8 Medium, pounded thin (7 - 8 tenders used)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|For seasoning the chicken tenders|
|Lemon pepper||To Taste|
|For marinating the chicken tenders|
|Soy sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Italian dressing||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|For sauteing the onions|
|Onions||1 Medium, sliced (Sauteed in some olive oil)|
|For the sandwich|
|Barbecue sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (As needed)|
|Buns||4 Medium (Grilled or toasted)|
|Iceberg lettuce leaves||4 Small (As needed)|
|Tomatoes||4 Small, sliced (As needed)|
|Swiss cheese slices||4|
1. Take each of the chicken tenders, using a kitchen hammer, pound them thin.
2. Lay the pounded chicken tenders on a flat surface, generously sprinkle lemon pepper all over the chicken tenders, on both sides.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together the soy sauce and Italian dressing.
4. Place all the chicken tenders one by one into the bowl and let soak in the marinade. Cover and refrigerate for about 1 hour to 6 hours.
5. In a heated pan with olive oil, saute onions with some salt, pepper and garlic. Set aside.
5. In a heated grill, place all the marinated chicken tenders and grill on high heat (550 F) for a minute and a half each side.
6. Also place the sauteed onions, wrapped in a foil on the grill for a couple of minutes.
7. Dip the grilled chicken tenders in barbecue sauce and place them back on the grill and gril them for about 30 seconds each side.
8. Remove from the grill and set aside.
9. To assemble the sandwich, place the 2 slices of each bun, open. Place lettuce and a couple of slices of tomatoes over a slice.
10. Place a couple of grilled chicken tenders on the other slice over a slice of Swiss cheese topped with a drizzle of the barbecue sauce followed by the sauteed and grilled onions.
11. You may also use pickled vegetables, if desired.
12. Serve with a couple of strips of pickled vegetables and chips.
3. Plastic wrap