Sunday Chicken Sandwiches
|Canned cling peach halves||60 Ounce (2 cans, 1-pound 14-ounce each)|
|Whole cloves||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Whole cinnamon sticks||2|
|Whole chicken breasts||5 , boned, halved|
|Sherry||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|French bread loaf||1 (24 inches long)|
|Soft butter/Margarine||1 Pound|
|Fresh parsley||2 Tablespoon|
Early on day:
Drain peach halves, placing juice in large saucepan.
Stick 2 or 3 cloves into each peach half; then place them in juice, with cinnamon sticks.
Simmer 5 minutes; then place in bowl; cool; refrigerate.
About 1 hour and 30 minutes before supper:
1. Sprinkle chicken breasts with salt, then generously with paprika. In 1/3 cup butter, in medium skillet, gently brown half of chicken breasts on both sides until golden. Place in 1 1/2-quart oblong or oval glass baking dish; cover with foil to keep warm.
2. Start heating oven to 325Â°F.
3. Then brown rest of chicken breasts in skillet as in step 1, adding more butter, if needed. Pile these on top of breasts in baking dish. Then stir sherry into drippings in skillet and pour over chicken breasts; cover with foil.
4. Bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until tender.
5. Meanwhile, wrap French bread in foil; heat in oven with chicken last 10 minutes. Also, in small bowl, with mixer at medium-high speed, beat soft butter until fluffy. Then, with small ice-cream scoop, make balls of this whipped butter; pile them in small serving dish. Garnish with parsley.
Uncover chicken breasts; spoon drippings from bottom of baking dish over them several times.