Cheese Club Sandwich Or Double Decker Sandwich
|Bread slices||6 Large, toasted|
|Ripe firm tomatoes||4 Large, sliced|
|Onion||1 Large, thinly sliced|
|Capsicum||1 , deseeded and thinly sliced|
|Butter||50 Gram, softened|
|Mayonnaise||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Mustard sauce/Dry mustard powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground pepper||1 Teaspoon (if desired)|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (if desired)|
|Lime juice||4 Tablespoon|
1. Soak onion slices in lime juice, make rings.
2. Butter the toasts well and spread lightly with mustard and pepper.
3. Place 3 toasts on a pastry board or large dish. Put a slice of cheese, tomato, lettuce and dribble 1 tablespoon mayonnaise. Put few onion rings and one or two capsicum rings and again dribble little mayonnaise. Put another cheese slice and a buttered toast and press lightly.
4. Again place lettuce, cheese and tomato slices. Dribble with mayonnaise and place onion and capsicum rings. Dribble again with mayonnaise and cover with another cheese slice and buttered toast.
5. Top with lettuce leaves, cheese slice, mayonnaise, onion, capsicum and tomato slice.
6. Repeat the above process for the remaining 3 toasts.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3501 Calories from Fat 2405
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 269 g414%
Saturated Fat 79.1 g395.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 395.9 mg132%
Sodium 6921.2 mg288.4%
Total Carbohydrates 216 g72.1%
Dietary Fiber 25.7 g102.7%
Sugars 49.1 g
Protein 62 g124.5%
Vitamin A 237.8% Vitamin C 434.3%
Calcium 129.5% Iron 70.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet