Turkey And Egg Sandwich
|Sourdough bread slices||2|
|Turkey bacon strips||4 , cooked|
|Light muenster cheese slice||1|
|Butter lettuce leaves||2|
|Light mayonnaise||1 Tablespoon|
1. Lightly toast your sourdough bread slices under the broiler (about a minute on each side).
2. Place a slice of muenster cheese on one side of your toast and set aside.
3. On the second slice of toast spread your light mayo. Then layer lettuce, cooked turkey bacon, and tomato slices. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Place your cheese covered toast under your broiler for a minute just so the cheese gets nice and melted.
5. Fry your egg over easy and slide on top of your tomatoes.
6. Cover the sandwich with your cheese melted toast and enjoy!! A BLT by any other name... The first recorded recipe for what we know as the BLT was in the 1929 book Seven Hundred Sandwiches by Florence A. Cowles where it was referred to as a "bacon sandwich." The book also mentions a "Bacon Salad Sandwich" and a "Baconian Sandwich."