|White bread slice||18 , crusts removed|
|Chicken/Tuna||12 Ounce, chopped (White Meat Only)|
|Celery||4 Ounce, chopped|
|Onion||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Pimientos||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Cheddar cheese||2 Cup (32 tbs), shredded|
|Canned whole asparagus||16 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Whole pimientos||2 , cut into strips (As Needed)|
1) Make 6 stacks of bread placing 3 bread slices per stack.
2) In a bowl, mix together chicken, celery, onion, pimientos, mayonnaise, mustard, salt, and pepper.
3) Spread the top bread slice of each stack with chicken mixture and place on shallow baking tray.
4) Take second slice from each stack and smear one side with chicken mixture.
5) Place the slice, mixture side up, on each first slice.
6) Put the third slice on the top of each.
7) In a saucepan, place milk and add cheese, and heat stirring constantly.
8) As soon as the cheese melts completely, spoon the cheese mixture over sandwiches.
9) Allow the cheese mixture to dry.
10) Arrange the sandwiches on plates and garnish each with asparagus and a strip of pimiento.