Plain Salt Biscuits
|Sifted flour||225 Gram|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chilled butter||30 Gram, cubed|
|Eggs||4 , lightly beaten|
1. Preheat oven
2. Grease and dust the loaf tin with flour.
3. Sift flour with salt and the baking powder into a bowl.
4. Add butter to the bowl and then rub the butter into flour with your fingertips. Ensure that you raise the flour as much as possible while rising to get a good aerated mixture
5. Beat in eggs to make stiff dough and add a little water if necessary to make the dough stiff
6. Roll out thinly and cut into rounds. Prick biscuits with a fork
7. Place the biscuits to prepared baking tray with a palette knife.
8. Bake in the centre of preheated oven for 10-12 minutes till lightly browned
9. Serve cool within an hour