Deep Fried Spare Ribs With Spicy Salt And Pepper
|Finger ribs||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Stock/Water||1 Pint (600 Milliliter)|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Deep Frying)|
|For the marinade:|
|Garlic||1⁄2 Teaspoon, finely chopped|
|Caster sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Light soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Dark soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Chinese rice wine||2 Tablespoon|
|Chili sauce||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sesame oil||2 Drop|
1. To prepare the marinade in a saucepan mix all the marinade ingredients.
2. To prepare the ribs trim off any excess fat and gristle from the ribs.
3. Let it marinate in the marinade for at least 2-3 hours.
4. Then add the stock or water and boil gently under cover for 35-40 minutes.
5. Remove, drain and leave to cool for 3-4 hours.
6. To cook in frying pan heat oil at (190°C/375°F) deep-fry the ribs for 2-3 minutes, remove and drain.
7. Re-heat the oil fry the ribs once more for another minute until dark brown.
8. Remove the ribs and drain.
9. Serve with spicy salt and pepper.