Salt Crust Steak
|Lean steaks||16 Ounce (2 Tender Steaks Such As Rib-Eye, Club, Strip, Etc., 8 Ounce Each)|
|Mild prepared mustard||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Coarse salt||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) Smear the steaks lightly both the sides with mustard.
2) Moisten the steak with water and smear salt over the mustard.
3) Pace the steak on a broiling pan.
4) Place 3 inches from heat and broil until desired degree of doneness.
5) Steak will blacken on the surface during cooking.
6) Serve hot with a little mixed salad and sautÃ©ed mushrooms if desired.
Calories 311 Calories from Fat 100
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g17.3%
Saturated Fat 4.1 g20.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 110 mg36.7%
Sodium 1337.7 mg55.7%
Total Carbohydrates 2 g0.6%
Dietary Fiber 1 g4.1%
Sugars 0.3 g
Protein 51 g102.7%
Vitamin A 0.4% Vitamin C 0.78%
Calcium 1.8% Iron 2.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet