Salt Crust Sea Bass
|Sea bass||53 Ounce, cleaned, scaled and fins removed (1 Large Fish, 1.5 Kilogram)|
|Lemon||1 , zested and juiced|
|Olive oil||2 Fluid Ounce (50 Milliliter)|
|Green chili||1 , chopped|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), chopped|
|Chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Egg whites||4 , whisked to peaks|
|Sea salt||12 Ounce (350 Gram)|
1) Pre-heat the oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6
2) Keep the used lemon shells in the fish cavity in, then score the skin of the fish.
3) In a bowl, add the oil, chilli, garlic, parsley and lemon zest and mix well. Then, rub the mixture onto the fish skin.
4) In another bowl, blend the egg whites and salt. Using greaseproof paper, line a baking dish. Pour in one-third of the salted egg whites into it.
5) Place the fish on top of the mix. Then, pour the remaining mix over it. Bake the fish for 35 to 40 minutes.
6) Remove the dish from the oven. Remove salt crust sticking to the fish. Sprinkle or spoon the lemon juice over it. Slice into thick thick chunks and serve with roasted vegetables.