Grilled salmon is a salmon preparation that can be cooked on a gas grill or charcoal grill. Both salmon steaks and salmon fillets can be used to prepare the grilled salmon dish which is often served with some sauce or salsa. Salmon fillets or steaks are often marinated before they are grilled until crispy and flaky, with the marinade differing from one recipe to the other. A few popular marinades for this grilled seafood dish consist of soy sauce and brown sugar marinade, soy sauce and mustard marinade, maple syrup and soy sauce marinade, and lime juice and butter marinade.
Ingredients and Preparation
The simplest grilled salmon recipe suggests using salmon fillets, salt and pepper as the only ingredients. Salmon fillets are seasoned with pepper and salt and grilled on an oiled grilling rack. The dish is served after sprinkling lemon zest over the fillets.
Popular Grilled Salmon Recipes
A few popular recipes of grilled salmon have been discussed as under:
- Grilled salmon with brown sugar and soy sauce marinade- this grilled salmon recipe suggests seasoning salmon fillets with garlic powder, lemon pepper, and salt; marinating them in a mix of brown sugar, soy sauce, vegetable oil, and water in refrigerator for around two hours; and then grilling them on preheated and lightly oiled grill until flaky.
- Grilled salmon with morel vinaigrette- salmon fillets are brushed with olive oil, seasoned with pepper and salt, grilled, and then served after drizzling morel vinaigrette over them. The morel vinaigrette for this dish is prepared by soaking morels (edible wild mushrooms) in boiling water until soft, and then combining them in chopped form with shallots, mustard, vinegar, pepper, salt, olive oil, parsley, and already reserved morel soaking liquid.
- Asian grilled salmon- the Asian grilled salmon recipe suggests marinating salmon fillets in a mix of soy sauce, mustard, garlic, and olive oil for around ten to fifteen minutes and then placing them on an oiled grilling rack. The dish is served after spooning over already reserved marinade. This Asian salmon dish can be served in chilled form, at room temperature, or warm.
- White wine and mayonnaise grilled salmon- the recipe suggests placing salmon filets on a tray lined with oiled aluminum foil; squeezing lime juice over salmon; sprinkling white wine over salmon filets; topping the filets with mayonnaise; and placing the tray on hot grill. The salmon filets are grilled until light pink and served after garnishing with lime slices.
- Maple syrup and soy sauce grilled salmon fillets- this grilled salmon recipe suggests marinating salmon fillets in a solution made by combining together maple syrup and soy sauce, and then grilling them on a preheated oiled grill after seasoning them liberally with black pepper, and brushing them frequently with soy sauce-maple syrup glaze in the midst of grilling process. The glaze for salmon fillets is prepared by cooking a mix of maple syrup and soy sauce until thick.
- Herbed grilled salmon- the marinade for this dish is prepared by combining basil and parsley herbs with minced garlic, olive oil, salt, black pepper, and lemon juice. The salmon fillets are marinated in this mixture for around an hour in refrigerator, and then cooked on a grill until flaky after wrapping them in aluminum foil
- Grilled salmon steaks with lime juice and butter marinade- melted butter, black pepper, and lime juice are combined together to prepare the marinade for salmon steaks. The steaks are marinated in half of the solution for around an hour, and then grilled on preheated and oiled grill, while brushing the reserved marinade frequently during the grilling process.
- Pineapple salsa acts as a nice accompaniment to grilled salmon fillets. Chopped pineapple is combined with chopped red onion, lemon juice, sugar, ginger, mint, and jalapeno pepper to prepare the pineapple based salsa. The mixture is refrigerated for a few hours before serving it with salmon fillets.
- The dish can be served with lime butter sauce, which is a blend of chopped garlic cloves, lime juice, black pepper, salt, and melted unsalted butter.
Grilled Salmon Nutrition Facts
Grilled salmon dish is enriched with nutrients of salmon which is a rich source of good fats and protein. Further, the seafood is also a good source of vitamin D, vitamin B12, selenium, and niacin. The seafood is also enriched with abundant magnesium and vitamin B6. Due to presence of good fats, particularly omega 3 fatty acids, salmon based dishes are considered to be healthy in terms of protecting the human being from being affected by several health problems like heart diseases, diabetes, arthritis, and cancer.