Three Sisters Salmon
|For the rice, beans and veggies:|
|Cooked white rice||3 Cup (48 tbs), cooked, drained|
|Squash||1 Medium, cut into quarters and sliced thin|
|Zucchini||1 Medium, cut into quarters and sliced thin|
|Cherry tomatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs), halved|
|Garlic cloves||2 Medium, mince|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Pinto beans||1 1⁄2 Can (15 oz), strained and rinsed|
|Black beans||1 1⁄2 Can (15 oz), strained and rinsed|
|For the salsa:|
|Corn||2 Small, grilled and cut off the cob|
|Sweet onion||1⁄2 Medium, dice|
|Cilantro||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chop|
|Avocados||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), peeled, seeded and small diced|
|Limes||2 Medium, juiced|
|Kosher salt||1 Dash|
|Cracked black pepper||1 Dash|
|For the salmon:|
|Salmon||1 Pound, skinned|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|For the spanish seasonings:|
|Kosher salt||2 Tablespoon|
|Dry oregano||1 Teaspoon|
|Chili powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Cumin powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Red pepper flakes||1 Teaspoon|
|Onion powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Granulated garlic||1 Tablespoon|
1. For the spanish seasoning: Spanish Seasonings: In a bowl, mix kosher salt, dry oregano, chili powder, cumin, red pepper flakes, onion powder and granulated garlic thoroughly and set aside
2. For the Rice, Beans and Veggies: In a large saute pan on high heat, add olive oil, and garlic to caramelize the garlic.
3. Once brown, add in the squash, zucchini, cherry tomatoes and saute for 2 to 3 minutes.
4. Next, stir in the cooked rice, beans, and 1 tablespoon of the Spanish Seasonings and keep warm on low heat.
5. For the Salsa: In a bowl, add cooked corn, sweet onion, avocado, cilantro, limes and adjust the seasonings with salt and pepper and keep cool.
6. For the Salmon: Drizzle the olive oil all over the salmon and season it on all sides with salt and pepper.
7. Place the salmon skin side up on a very hot grill and cook for 5 to 6 minutes on each side.
8. Before you flip the salmon for the first time the salmon skin should peel right off using tongs.
9. Serve the cooked salmon along side the rice, beans and vegetables with the avocado salsa all over the salmon.