In this week’s episode, we teach you how to make a Japanese-inspired braised salmon dish.
1 Tablespoon (to taste)
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), sliced
1. Into a saucepan add about 1/2 cup of water and let it boil.
2. Put soy sauce, sake, mirin, and ginger slices into boiling water; bring to boil again.
3. Gently add salmon in. With a spoon, start scooping some of the liquid from the pan over the salmon fillet.
4. When the bottom side is done, flip the salmon over and repeat the earlier step with the other side.
5. When the other side is done too, remove salmon from pan.
6. For the sauce, let the liquids in the pan reduce down until it becomes a thick syrupy consistency.
7. In a serving plate, place the salmon fillet, pour sauce over salmon and serve with rice.