Wegmans Poached Etruscan Salmon
|Basting oil||2 Tablespoon (Wegmans)|
|Shallot||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon, finely chopped (Food You Feel Good About)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), finely chopped (Food You Feel Good About)|
|Dry white wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Crushed red pepper flakes||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Seafood stock||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (Kitchen Basics)|
|Italian tomato sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Italian Classics Grandma's Pomodoro Sauce)|
|Capers||1 Tablespoon, drained (Italian Classics Nonpareil Capers)|
|Kalamata olives||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), sliced|
|Fresh rosemary||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon, finely chopped|
|Salmon fillets||4 Large, skinned (about 6 oz each)|
|Cracked black pepper||To Taste|
1. Heat the basting oil in braising pan on medium-high. Add shallots and garlic and cook, stirring, about 1 minute or until soft but not browned.
2. Add wine and crushed red pepper and cook 3-5 minutes or until liquid is reduced to one-third.
3. Next pour in the seafood stock and the pomodoro sauce. Add capers, olives, and rosemary. Heat to 170-degree simmer.
4. Reduce heat to medium low and simmer 5 minutes to combine flavors.
5. Season salmon with salt and pepper and place, skinned side up, in pan.
6. Return to 170 degree simmer. Cover pan and poach 5 minutes. Then turn salmon over and poach, covered another 5-7 minutes, until internal temp reaches 130 degrees (check by inserting thermometer into thickest part of salmon).
7. Remove pan from heat; let rest at least 2 minutes.
8. Serve the Poached Etruscan Salmon with the sauce spooned on top. Accompany with a side or stir fried greens or poached veggies.
Calories 436 Calories from Fat 223
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g37.7%
Saturated Fat 3.3 g16.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 110.9 mg37%
Sodium 764.8 mg31.9%
Total Carbohydrates 7 g2.4%
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g5.5%
Sugars 2.7 g
Protein 43 g86.1%
Vitamin A 9.6% Vitamin C 10.5%
Calcium 6.3% Iron 14.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet