Roasted Maple Salmon and Brussels Sprouts
|Pure maple syrup||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Canola oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), mince|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Dijon mustard||1 Tablespoon|
|Brussel sprouts||4 Cup (64 tbs), trimmed and halved|
|Red onion||1 Large, cut into wedges|
|Raisin||1 Cup (16 tbs) (sultana raisins)|
|Frozen salmon fillets||1 Pound, thawed, patted dry (4 wild pacific pink salmon fillets)|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon, mince|
1. Preheat oven to 425 degree.
2. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper, and keep it aside.
3. For sauce, in a bowl combine maple syrup, canola oil, garlic, lemon juice, and Dijon mustard. Whisk well. Reserve ½ cup of sauce and set it aside.
4. Throw Brussels sprouts, and onion into the sauce. Toss and coat evenly.
5. Sprinkle salt and pepper. Mix.
6. On the baking sheet, spread the vegetables evenly to roast and caramelize well.
7. Place it in the middle rack of the oven and roast for about 20 minutes. Stir once half way through.
8. Once the Brussels are caramelized, remove the sheet from oven. Turn oven to broil.
9. Sprinkle raisins over the top. Set salmon fillets on it.
10. Brush fillets with remaining maple sauce. Coat evenly.
11. Place tray back in oven, and broil for about 7 minutes or until slightly golden on top and flakes easily with fork.
12. Serve roasted maple salmon hot with parsley garnish.
Calories 1087 Calories from Fat 574
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 65 g99.8%
Saturated Fat 5.4 g27.1%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 62.4 mg20.8%
Sodium 584.1 mg24.3%
Total Carbohydrates 106 g35.4%
Dietary Fiber 7.2 g28.9%
Sugars 81.7 g
Protein 28 g56.9%
Vitamin A 26.8% Vitamin C 155.8%
Calcium 15.8% Iron 24.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet