Stephanie,The Posh Pescatarian, makes brilliant use of left-over salmon with an Alaskan inspired Salmon Hash with Berry Salad. Perfect for breakfast, brunch or dinner!
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
1 Large, peeled and chopped
1 Teaspoon, dried
Green bell pepper
Low sodium vegetable stock
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
1 Cup (16 tbs)
2 Cup (32 tbs)
1⁄2 Medium (zest and juice)
1 1⁄2 Tablespoon
Parmesan cheese shavings
1. Peel and chop the potato and steam it in the microwave with vegetable broth until al-dente for about 2-6 minutes.
2. Chop the green onions, fresh rosemary, onion, garlic cloves and green bell pepper.
3. In a pan or a skillet add canola oil and the cut vegetables and cook for about 3 minutes.
4. Add potatoes, broth, dill, white pepper and salt and stir to combine.
5. Check whether cooked and seasoning and add the salmon mashing lightly together with potatoes with a wooden spoon and then smoothing over.
6. Rinse , then chop the strawberries into quarters and add to a cup to make one serving of the salad.
7. Over the berries, zest a lemon, squeeze over juice and drizzle maple syrup.
8. Add a little parmesan cheese on top of the cooking hash, let it sit for 2 minutes.
9. On shallow dish spoon the salmon hash and serve with a cup of berry salad.