Soul Delicious Salmon Part 1
|Salmon fillet||2 Medium, washed and patted dry with a paper towel|
|Portobello mushrooms||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced (fresh and preferably organic)|
|Asparagus shoots||5 Medium, washed (fresh)|
|Garlic cloves||10 Large, minced|
|Lemon||1 Large, squeezed|
|Sea salt||1 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Paprika||1 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Natural honey||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Oil||9 Tablespoon (or as required)|
1. Add 3 tablespoons of oil and fry the salmon on one side, until it develops a crisp, golden brown skin.
2. Sprinkle some garlic salt, seasoned salt and paprika over the salmon. Spread some minced garlic on the fish with a spatula.
3. With the help of a fish turner spatula, flip the salmon over to the next side.
4. On the other side also, sprinkle some seasoned salt and paprika over the salmon.
5. Pour the juice of a lemon over the salmon.
6. In a frying pan, pour some oil and add the asparagus shoots. Sprinkle some garlic salt and a little paprika. Allow to cook until they are half cooked, with a bit of a crunch.
7. In the same frying pan, add some more oil and fry the Portobello mushrooms, in the remaining space.
8. Spread a little honey on top of the frying salmon.
9. In a platter, place the fried salmon and garnish with a few sprigs of cilantro. Arrange the asparagus and mushrooms next to it.
10. Serve warm with yellow rice.
Calories 1285 Calories from Fat 649
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 73 g112.8%
Saturated Fat 9.7 g48.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 78 mg26%
Sodium 949.9 mg39.6%
Total Carbohydrates 138 g46.1%
Dietary Fiber 4.4 g17.6%
Sugars 124.8 g
Protein 34 g67.6%
Vitamin A 33.9% Vitamin C 68.5%
Calcium 10.5% Iron 20%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet