Sam Whitmore pairs maple and soy-sauce-glazed salmon with a 2008 Robert Sinskey Pinot Noir.
3 Medium, pressed
2 Tablespoon, fresh squeezed
1 Pound (center-cut piece,with skin, approximately 1 1/2 inches thick)
1. Preheat oven to 450°F.
2. Line a broiler pan with foil and lightly oil.
3. In a small saucepan over moderate heat gently simmer soy sauce, maple syrup, lemon juice and garlic about 5 to 8 minutes or until a thick glaze.
4. Place salmon, skin side down, on foil-lined broiler pan.
5. Brush salmon generously with the glaze and let it marinate at room temperature for 10 minutes.
6. Roast salmon in middle of oven for 8 to 10 minutes, remove from oven and let stand for 5 more minutes.