Join Toby as she prepares this healthy dinner from Dr. Janet Brill's book "Prevent a Second Heart Attack". With healthy Omega 3's from the fish, plus fruit and vegetables from the salad, this dish is managing diabetes with gusto.
24 Ounce (6 ounce fillet)
Low sodium soy sauce
Extra virgin olive oil
Granny smith apple
1 , cored and julliened
1 Large, peeled and julliened
3 , chopped
1. In a baking dish, place the salmon fillet and drizzle the soy sauce over the fish; let it sit for 15 minutes.
2. For Salad – In a small bowl, prepare the salad dressing by mixing together soy sauce, lime juice and sugar until the sugar dissolves.
3. In another large salad bowl, toss apple, carrot and cilantro with the salad dressing. Set aside.
4. For Salmon – Heat a large skillet over medium high heat and add olive oil.
5. Sear the salmon fillet for about 3-4 minutes on each side until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
6. Serve each fillet with ¼ of the salad for a complete meal.