Crispy Skin Salmon with Citrus Sauce
|Ginger||1 Tablespoon, grated or finely chopped|
|Garlic||1 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Scallion||1 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Rice vinegar||3 Tablespoon|
|Hoisin sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sambal||1 Tablespoon (garlic chili paste)|
|Black vinegar/Balsamic||2 Tablespoon|
|Chicken stock||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Salt||1 Tablespoon (to taste)|
|Pepper||1 Tablespoon (to taste)|
|Salmon fillet||6 Ounce, skin on|
|Orange juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lime juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. In a small saucepan, combine orange, lemon, and lime juices with sugar and bring to a simmer.
2. Stir often, until mixture reduces to syrup and is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon, about 10 minutes.
3. Remove from heat and let it cool.
4. Put the syrup into a blender (or use an immersion blender in pan) and add olive oil in a slow, steady stream while the blender is running
5. In a large saucepan over medium heat, sauté ginger, garlic, and scallions until softened, about 3 minutes 6. Add rice vinegar, hoisin sauce, sambal, and black vinegar and bring to a simmer.
7. Add chicken stock and return to a simmer before removing from heat.
8. Let glaze cool and season to taste with salt and pepper.
9. Coat salmon with glaze and grill over a hot grill or charcoal fire, skin-side down, until crispy.
10. Flip (optional) and continue to cook about 7 total minutes.
11. Place Crispy Skin Salmon onto plate, skin side down.
12. Drizzle additional sauce over top of salmon and decoratively around edges of plate
For more recipes please visit The Brown Lounge Website
Calories 430 Calories from Fat 350
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 38 g58%
Saturated Fat 2.8 g14.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 15.3 mg5.1%
Sodium 1294.1 mg53.9%
Total Carbohydrates 13 g4.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.63 g2.5%
Sugars 8.2 g
Protein 7 g13.5%
Vitamin A 2.9% Vitamin C 30.4%
Calcium 2.2% Iron 2.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet