Grilled Salmon with Potato Latkes and Eggs.
|Russet potatoes||2 Medium, peeled (For the Latkes)|
|All purpose flour||8 Tablespoon (1/2 cup, For the Latkes)|
|Onion/Green onion||8 Tablespoon, finely chopped (1/2 cup, For the Latkes)|
|Egg||8 Tablespoon, beaten (1/2 cup, For the Latkes)|
|Kosher salt||1 Teaspoon (For the Latkes)|
|Cracked black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon (For the Latkes)|
|Salmon fillet/Or 2 large fillets||4 Medium (For the Latkes)|
|Clarified butter/Any vegetable oil||8 Tablespoon (For the Latkes)|
1. To make the latkes mixture :Use a coarse grater to grate the peeled potatoes into a bowl.
2. Squeeze out as much water as you can, through a fine meshed sieve. Pour off the water and retain the starch.
3. Add flour, salt, pepper, and egg. Mix well.
4. Heat a large griddle over high heat.
5. Grease with butter or oil
6. Drop large spoonfuls of the latke mixture onto the hot grilled and spread evenly into pancakes.
7. Cook on both sides until crisp and golden brown.
8. In the mean time, season the salmon fillets with salt and pepper and fry along with the latkes on the other side of the griddle or in another pan.
9. Fry the eggs, sunny side up. You can also scramble them if you like.
10. Serve the latkes with the salmon and egg.
Calories 658 Calories from Fat 337
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 38 g58.8%
Saturated Fat 20.3 g101.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 285.3 mg95.1%
Sodium 621.5 mg25.9%
Total Carbohydrates 40 g13.2%
Dietary Fiber 2.4 g9.8%
Sugars 2 g
Protein 39 g77.5%
Vitamin A 6.5% Vitamin C 10.9%
Calcium 5.9% Iron 22.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet