Chef Loren Skogland from Milo's City Café joins us at the NW Natural Appliance Center to show us the recipe he is going to be making on the EVO at the Better Living show. His recipe is a Grilled Salmon with Potato
Latkes and Eggs.
2 Medium, peeled (For the Latkes)
All purpose flour
8 Tablespoon (1/2 cup, For the Latkes)
8 Tablespoon, finely chopped (1/2 cup, For the Latkes)
8 Tablespoon, beaten (1/2 cup, For the Latkes)
1 Teaspoon (For the Latkes)
Cracked black pepper
1⁄2 Teaspoon (For the Latkes)
Salmon fillet/Or 2 large fillets
4 Medium (For the Latkes)
Clarified butter/Any vegetable oil
8 Tablespoon (For the Latkes)
1. To make the latkes mixture :Use a coarse grater to grate the peeled potatoes into a bowl.
2. Squeeze out as much water as you can, through a fine meshed sieve. Pour off the water and retain the starch.
3. Add flour, salt, pepper, and egg. Mix well.
4. Heat a large griddle over high heat.
5. Grease with butter or oil
6. Drop large spoonfuls of the latke mixture onto the hot grilled and spread evenly into pancakes.
7. Cook on both sides until crisp and golden brown.
8. In the mean time, season the salmon fillets with salt and pepper and fry along with the latkes on the other side of the griddle or in another pan.
9. Fry the eggs, sunny side up. You can also scramble them if you like.
10. Serve the latkes with the salmon and egg.
Potato latkes are one of those great old recipes you see in a lot of Jewish cooking. These beautiful little crisp golden pancakes are served with griddle fried wild salmon and sunny-side-up fried eggs! It sure sounds like the perfect breakfast for a lazy weekend, or a fancy restaurant-style Sunday brunch dish to enjoy with your partner or friends!