Creamy Salmon Casserole
|Canned salmon||15 1⁄2 Ounce, drained, with liquid reserved and flaked (1 can)|
|Celery stalk||1 Medium, diced|
|Green pepper||1 Medium, diced|
|Skim milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cornstarch||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon, softened in 1 1/2 tablespoons cold water|
|Cold water||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Dill weed||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Frozen peas||10 Ounce, thawed (1 package)|
|Hard boiled eggs||4 , sliced|
1) Preheat oven to 375° F.
2) Take a saucepan and melt margarine in it. Add green pepper and celery. Cook for about 5 minutes or until vegetables turn tender.
3) Add milk and the salmon liquid.
4) When mixture becomes hot, add water and cornstarch. Keep stirring constantly until mixture thickens.
5) Season with dill weed and salt.
6) Take a 1 1/2 quart casserole and arrange half the peas in it. Layer with half the egg slices and then with half the salmon.
7) Repeat the layering.
8) Gently spoon the prepared sauce on top.
9) Cover and bake for about 25 minutes or until all the ingredients are thoroughly heated.
10) Remove from oven and serve in the same dish.
Calories 253 Calories from Fat 91
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.6%
Saturated Fat 1.5 g7.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 180.2 mg60.1%
Sodium 543.6 mg22.6%
Total Carbohydrates 14 g4.6%
Dietary Fiber 2.7 g11%
Sugars 5.5 g
Protein 23 g45.7%
Vitamin A 27.5% Vitamin C 49%
Calcium 9% Iron 8.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet