My Best Poached Salmon
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Carrots||2 , sliced|
|Onions||2 , sliced|
|Fresh salmon||10 Pound (1 no.)|
1. Take a large saucepan or pot and add water and other ingredients (except salmon) into it.
2. Boil the mixture for about half an hour.
3. Cover the cleaned salmon in cheesecloth.
4. Place the fish in the pan after removing it from heat.
5. Cover the pan and cook the fish over medium heat.
6. Remove the fish from the pan using 2 large forks with one fork at each end of the fish, which is pierced through the cheesecloth.
7. Arrange the whole fish package on a hot platter and remove the cloth by turning the fish over and pulling it slowly under the fish.
8. If you wish to serve the fish hot, then detach its skin, and garnish it with parsley, and sprinkle little curry powder over its top and spread some egg sauce over the back. Serve the remaining sauce separately.
9. If you wish to serve the fish cold, then place it on a platter. Soak the cheesecloth into the fish broth and spread this over the fish such that it is completely soaked.
10. Top the fish with some broth poured through spoon.
11. Refrigerate the fish until the serving time.
12. Pull out the cloth carefully and peel out the skin.
13. Spoon some mayonnaise over the fish and top it with capers.
14. Serve the poached salmon with some sauce.
Calories 264 Calories from Fat 71
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.1%
Saturated Fat 1.3 g6.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 117.9 mg39.3%
Sodium 346.1 mg14.4%
Total Carbohydrates 0.1 g0.03%
Dietary Fiber 0.03 g0.13%
Sugars 0 g
Protein 45 g90.5%
Vitamin A 6.4% Vitamin C 1.5%
Calcium 3.1% Iron 10%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet