Herb Baked Salmon
|Salmon||4 Pound, cleaned, with head & tail intact (1 Whole One)|
|Onion||1 Medium, sliced|
|Lemon||1 , sliced|
|Celery stalk||1 , sliced|
|Mixed fresh herbs||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), chopped (Parsley, Dill, Chives, Basil)|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat oven to 400° F.
2) Clean salmon thoroughly both inside and outside. Pat dry using paper towels. Season the cavity with pepper and salt. Fill the cavity with 1/2 the celery slices, lemon, onion and herbs.
3) Take a baking dish and line it with aluminum foil. Place salmon in it and rub with oil. Season with pepper and salt. Top with the remaining celery slices, lemon, onion and herbs. Use aluminum foil to cover tightly.
4) Bake in the preheated oven for about 40 minutes or until salmon begins to flake. Gently skin the salmon, if desired.
5) Place salmon on a serving platter and garnish with more fresh herbs and cucumbers, if desired.
6) Slice the salmon and serve at room temperature or chilled.