Rolled Plaice with Smoked Salmon
|Plaice fillets||6 Large, skinned and halved lengthwise|
|Smoked salmon||4 Ounce, cut into strips (125 gram)|
|Lemon||1 , freshly juiced|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Dry white wine||4 Fluid Ounce (100 milliliter)|
|Leeks||1 Pound, roughly chopped (450 gram)|
|Watercress||1 Bunch (100 gm), roughly chopped|
|Dry vermouth||4 Tablespoon|
|Single cream||10 Fluid Ounce (1 carton, 284 milliliter)|
|Fish stock||3⁄4 Pint (450 milliliter)|
|Butter||1 1⁄2 Ounce (40 gram)|
1. Place a plaice fillet, skinned side up, on a clean working surface.
2. Top with a salmon strip and use more to cover surface area.
3. Drizzle lemon juice and season with pepper. Roll and keep aside.
4. Follow same procedure for remaining fillets and keep aside.
5. In a casserole pot, place all the fish fillets at base, rolled side down.
6. Pour wine over them and cover with foil/ lid.
7. Bring to boil. Once boiled, reduce flame and cook for around 10 minutes.
8. Once cooked, gently remove rolled fish and arrange on a serving platter. Keep in a warm area.
9. Strain the remaining juice in the casserole and keep aside.
10. In a medium sized sauce pan, melt butter to prepare sauce.
11. Add the leeks, mix well and cover and cook on a medium flame for 5 to 6 minutes or they soften.
12. Add watercress, mix well and cook for 3 to 4 more minutes.
13. Remove off flame and keep aside to cool.
14. In an electric mixer, place cooled vegetables along with vermouth and blend for 1 minute.
15. Add stock, cream, salt and pepper and blend till smooth.
16. Remove on to a sauce pan, add reserved cooking liqueur and re heat gently.
17. Spoon sauce over fish and serve immediately.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2345 Calories from Fat 1022
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 116 g178.2%
Saturated Fat 61.5 g307.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 316.3 mg105.4%
Sodium 3513.9 mg146.4%
Total Carbohydrates 87 g29%
Dietary Fiber 11.7 g46.7%
Sugars 20.2 g
Protein 223 g446%
Vitamin A 277.9% Vitamin C 241.7%
Calcium 76.1% Iron 67.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet