Grilled Salmon with Mango Sauce
|Salmon||6 Ounce (Skinless, boneless fillet)|
|Asparagus spears||8 Medium|
|Mango||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), diced ((SALSA))|
|Tomato||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped ((SALSA))|
|Red onion||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped ((SALSA))|
|Tomatillo||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped ((SALSA))|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Teaspoon ((SALSA))|
|Lemon||1 Medium ((SALSA))|
|Wild rice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (cooked (TO SERVE))|
1. For the salsa, chop all the vegetables and the mango and transfer them into a mixing bowl.
3. To this add salt, pepper, fresh lime juice and some extra virgin olive oil and mix it well and keep it aside.
4. Take aluminium foil and put the asparagus on it. Sprinkle salt, pepper and some olive oil to it, wrap it well, place it on the barbeque and let it cook.
5. Spray olive oil on the barbeque and place the salmon skin side on it.
6. Grill it for about 2 to 3 minutes till all the sides are done to medium rare or it begins to get caramelized.
7. Transfer the asparagus when the fish is ready on to a serving plate.
8. Take a serving plate and unwrap the grilled asparagus on it.
9. Place the prepared wild rice.
10. Further place the salmon on the rice and spread the mango salsa on the side.
The grill should be on low flame to avoid burning.
Oil is sprayed to avoid it sticking to the grill.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 633 Calories from Fat 130
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g22.4%
Saturated Fat 1.8 g9.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 88.4 mg29.5%
Sodium 740.7 mg30.9%
Total Carbohydrates 86 g28.5%
Dietary Fiber 16.3 g65%
Sugars 36.7 g
Protein 47 g94.4%
Vitamin A 50.9% Vitamin C 200.8%
Calcium 16.6% Iron 31.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet