Simple Salmon Mousse
|Canned salmon||100 Gram (Pink Or Red Variety, 1 Tin)|
|Chopped spring onions||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Grated lemon rind||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Double cream||150 Milliliter, whipped|
|Egg white||1 , beaten till stiff|
|Unflavored gelatin||1⁄4 Ounce (1 Sachet)|
|Frisee lettuce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Use Leaves For Garnish)|
|Watercress sprigs||5 (For Garnish)|
1) Process together the salmon, spring onion, lemon rind, dill, mayonnaise, salt and pepper in a food processor.
2) Put the mixture in a mixing bowl.
3) Fold in the beaten egg white as well as the cream.
4) Follow the directions on the package to dissolve the gelatin and then add it to the mixture. Mix carefully.
5) Into a 1 pint mold or 1 pound load tin lined with non-stick parchment, transfer the mixture and leave it to set in the refrigerator.
6) Turn the preparation out onto a serving platter with a garnish of fresh lettuce leaves and watercress sprigs. Makes an excellent appetizer.
Calories 283 Calories from Fat 240
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g41%
Saturated Fat 0.54 g2.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 11.6 mg3.9%
Sodium 265 mg11%
Total Carbohydrates 2 g0.6%
Dietary Fiber 0.47 g1.9%
Sugars 0.3 g
Protein 8 g15.9%
Vitamin A 5.9% Vitamin C 7.6%
Calcium 1.5% Iron 1.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet