Broiled Salmon With Cucumbers
|Diced onions||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vinegar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), minced|
|Peeled minced ginger root||2 Teaspoon|
|Low-sodium soy sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Thinly sliced cucumbers||1 Teaspoon|
|Salmon fillets||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Hot cooked rice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1) In a skillet, heat together the onions, vinegar, garlic, ginger and soy sauce.
2) Bring the mixture to a boil, stir and cook for 3 minutes.
3) Remove from the heat.
4) Add the cucumbers and set aside to cool.
5) Rub the salmon on both sides with the oil.
6) Place the salmon in a broiling pan.
7) Broil about 6 inches from the heat for 4 to 5 minutes per side, or until cooked through.
8) Serve the salmon on a bed of rice topped with the cucumbers mixture.
Calories 433 Calories from Fat 133
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g22.8%
Saturated Fat 2.3 g11.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 93.6 mg31.2%
Sodium 103.8 mg4.3%
Total Carbohydrates 34 g11.3%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.5%
Sugars 1.8 g
Protein 37 g73.8%
Vitamin A 1.4% Vitamin C 7.8%
Calcium 4.4% Iron 16.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet