Broiled Salmon With Cucumbers
|Diced onions||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vinegar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), minced|
|Peeled minced ginger root||2 Teaspoon|
|Low-sodium soy sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Thinly sliced cucumbers||1 Teaspoon|
|Salmon fillets||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Hot cooked rice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1) In a skillet, heat together the onions, vinegar, garlic, ginger and soy sauce.
2) Bring the mixture to a boil, stir and cook for 3 minutes.
3) Remove from the heat.
4) Add the cucumbers and set aside to cool.
5) Rub the salmon on both sides with the oil.
6) Place the salmon in a broiling pan.
7) Broil about 6 inches from the heat for 4 to 5 minutes per side, or until cooked through.
8) Serve the salmon on a bed of rice topped with the cucumbers mixture.