|Fresh dill sprigs||6|
|Coarse salt||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1. Remove fins, tail, head, and backbone of cleaned fish.
2. Smear a sugar-salt mixture over fish and slice into 2-inch pieces.
3. Chop the leaves of 4 dill sprigs and arrange in large bowl layered with coarse salt.
4. Arrange a part of the sliced fish atop dill, cover with salt, followed by dill. Make a second layer of fish and repeat the process, ending with salt layer, until all the fish and dill leaves are used up.
5. Place a weight atop the fish and refrigerated for 3 days.
6. Serve the fish cold garnished with fresh dill sprigs.