|Salmon steaks||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Lime rind||1 Teaspoon, grated|
|Lime juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), squeezed|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Dijon mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Sesame seeds||1 Cup (16 tbs), toasted|
1) In a bowl, mix together lime juice, rind, oil, mustard, and pepper.
2) Place the fish in the lime mixture and turn to marinate evenly.
3) Cover the bowl and allow to marinate for 30 minutes at room temperature.
4) Flip the fish at regular intervals.
5) Soak the wooden chips in water.
6) Take the fish out and reserve the marinade.
7) Sprinkle the fish with salt and sesame seeds, if using.
8) Grill the fish about 4 inches from the glowing coals of the barbeque.
9) Place the wood chips around the fish and cover.
10) Turn occasionally basting with marinade as required for 10 to 15 minutes or until the fish flakes of easily with a fork.
11) Serve hot on a bed of small mixed salad with a lemon wedge on side if desired.
Calories 459 Calories from Fat 262
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 30 g46.5%
Saturated Fat 4.3 g21.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 93.6 mg31.2%
Sodium 322.2 mg13.4%
Total Carbohydrates 8 g2.8%
Dietary Fiber 3.9 g15.6%
Sugars 0.3 g
Protein 39 g78.9%
Vitamin A 1.5% Vitamin C 7.1%
Calcium 32.8% Iron 32.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet