Salmon En Papillote
|Mushroom caps||4 Large|
|Unsalted butter||3 Tablespoon|
|Shallots||1 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Flour||1 Ounce (1 Heaping Tablespoon)|
|Dry white wine||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), finely chopped|
|Salmon steaks||48 Ounce (6 Steaks, 8 Ounces Each)|
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2. Into a pan of boiling water plunge the tomatoes for 10 seconds, lift them out and when cool enough to handle, remove their skins.
3. Cut them in half, remove the seeds and dice.
4. With a damp cloth wipe the mushroom caps clean and slice them.
5. In a saucepan melt the butter, sautÃ© the tomatoes and mushrooms until soft, then add the shallots and cook another 2 minutes.
6. Over the vegetables sprinkle the flour and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
7. Adding the wine, continue cooking for 3 or 4 minutes, pour in the cream and cook, stirring, until the sauce thickens.
8. Removing from the heat add the parsley.
9. With salt and pepper season the salmon steaks.
10. Cutting each sheet of parchment paper in half brush each piece with melted butter.
11. Fold each piece in half, then open it and place 2 tablespoons of sauce near the fold.
12. On top of the parchment paper place a salmon steak and cover the steak with 3 tablespoons of sauce.
13. Folding the paper over pinch the edges to form a half-moon shape and brush the entire package with melted butter.
14. In a bowl beat the egg with the water and brush the edges of the paper with the egg mixture to seal.
15. Repeat the procedure for the remaining steaks.
16. On a greased baking sheet on the top rack in the oven place the packaged salmon steaks and bake for 15 minutes.
17. Serve in the paper bags.